A CNN Freedom Project Documentary
The CNN Freedom Project first exposed the horrific practice of organ trafficking in Egypt, with the documentary “Death In The Desert”. So they planned traveling to a tiny district in Nepal where hundreds of people have had their kidneys stolen by organ traffickers. CNN’s Delhi-based correspondent Sumnima Udas guided the investigation to unravel how traffickers dupe poor villagers into giving a piece of themselves away. They presented the half hour documentary that examined the causes and chronicles to fight against illegal organ trafficking.
- To spread out the news about CNN- Freedom Project in online news portals as well print.
- To aware people about present scenario of brutal kidney trade in Nepal.
- To force government stakeholders to pass laws against the illegal and inhuman trade.
- To reduce the problem of kidney trafficking that has become so widespread that the district has developed the unfortunate reputation as “the kidney bank of Nepal.”
- Media Releases
- Presentation of the documentary
- Project familiarization tours
- Presenting stories to create the stronger impact
- Community Relations and Philanthropy
- Government Stakeholders
- INGOs and NGOs
- Villagers were aware about the prevailing organ trafficking conducted under their nose and as a result the kidney business was public Issues.